Posts Tagged ‘pre construction’
There aren’t many condos being built in Toronto that I can say hit as close to home as The Hub Condos by Empire Communities… and there probably aren’t very many Realtors who can talk about the area of the new development as well as me!
The future site of The Hub actually backs on the street I’ve lived on my entire life! Located at on the corner of Eglinton and Oakwood, Empire Communities is the first condo developer to venture in this part of town – and with good reason. With plans of the new LRT line well underway, getting in early offers the best chance for benefiting from all that’s happening!
Early next week more details of The Hub will be released, but I’ve been lucky enough to preview some early floorplans and renderings… I gotta say – I like what I saw! Units range from about 500 sq. ft. to just over 1000 sq. ft., and will include a variety of 1 bedroom, 1+den, 2 bedroom and 2+den layouts. I can’t post the floorplans online just yet but I was able to leak a few renderings of what the condo will one day look like!
If you’d like early access to prices and floorplans fill out the form below:
You can’t look at the numbers without understanding the story… and if there’s anyone out there that understands both – it’s Urbanation! Urbanation is Canada’s leading condominium market research company. Since 1981, Urbanation has analyzed the Toronto condominium market, publishing the “industry bible” – Urbanation’s Condominium Market Survey. This quarterly report tracks new, resale and future condominium projects. Urbanation also provides the development community with essential consulting services, which include site and topic specific market studies and surveys.
This afternoon I received the latest report from them looking at condo sales within the last quarter of 2012. Some of the key points from the report include:
- There were 17,997 sales in the Toronto CMA new condominium apartment market in 2012. The 3,841 fourth quarter sales were a 16% increase over the Q3-2012 total of 3,317.
- Unsold inventory increased 7% quarterly in the Toronto CMA to a record market high of 18,366 units after experiencing a 5% drop in Q3-2012. 79% of the 89,251 active units were sold at the end of Q4-2012, which remains above the 10-year average of 78%.
- The number of units under construction in the CMA set another market high at 56,866 units in 207 projects.
- The average sold index price rose in Q4-2012 to $536 psf in the Toronto CMA, an increase of 5.2% annually ($536 psf vs $509 psf). The unsold index price dropped to $568 psf in the Toronto CMA, down from $573 psf in Q3-2012. On an annual basis, the average sold index price increased by 2% (up from $557 psf in Q4-2011).
- The resale condominium apartment market in the Toronto CMA realized 2,941 sales in Q4-2012, down in comparison to both Q3-2012 (3,413) and Q4-2011 (3,987). The 2,941 Q4-2012 resales brought the 2012 resale total to 15,292.
- The average resale index price dropped 2.5% quarter-over-quarter to $397 psf, and was also down -0.7% annually.
The full report can be read below:
During last weeks “peak and enter” at the newly completed Don River Park… I stopped by the River City development to take a few photos of phase one under construction!
The 7 storey River St. building is well underway and already taking shape.
The two storey townhomes line the base of the building along River St.
Here’s a close up of the King St. building… eventually the two will be connected by a bridge!
Interlocking stone was used in the construction of sidewalks and roads for the area!
Looking for more updates from River City? Waterfront Toronto recently relocated one of its web cameras to capture the construction progress of the development! The web camera, which was previously used to capture the construction of Sherbourne Common north, is now on the rooftop of Edge Loft condominiums at 625 Queen Street East. Still images of the site are taken every 15 minutes and can be viewed on Waterfront Toronto’s construction webcam page and on the River City page.
Images are archived and once the project is complete, a two minute time lapse video is created that showcases the transformation of the project from start to finish.
Starting at 12:00 pm on Tuesday March 20th, I’ll be live blogging from the South Hill on Madison VIP Broker Launch. This exclusive Platinum Broker lunch is taking place at Mistura’s Upper Lounge and will go from 12-2. The project is being developed by Burnac Holdings Limited and will be constructed next to The Madison Avenue Lofts, at the foot of Casa Loma.
12:30 – arrived at Mistura, beautiful spread for lunch. A lot of excitement!
1:28 – Hunter Milborne taking the floor to discuss the details.
Sales office to have a one bedroom suite!
1:30 – History of Burnac development. Built over 1000 condos in the past 20 years. Currently working on a highend boutique on Davenport
1:33 – priced in the 600 per square foot. 15% for VIP downpayment.
1:35 – only 159 suites available. Parking available for everything over $300,000.
Prices range from $239,900-$989,900 and in size from 384-1259 sq. ft.
Check in here for all the live details. And if you’re interested in purchasing at South Hill, fill out the form below anytime!
Today we got our first look of what South Hill on Madison will one day look like! BuzzBuzzHome released the rendering on twitter earlier today. It’s hard to tell which way the building will front in relation to Madison lofts next door, yet it’s still better than the vacant lot that currently sits on the site!
South Hill Condos will sit at the base of Casa Loma and have the Dupont subway station literally minutes away. A brand new eco park is also in the works for the are and will be developed on the vacant parking lot to the south of Macpherson!